While traveling on a Tony Campolo tour in 2004, two women, a speaker and a worship leader,challenged World Vision Canada to build a series of events under the banner of fun and faith called Girls Night Out. After nine months of development the first events were tested and Canadian women responded in the thousands and our National Partner FaithLife Financial joined the event.
The past five years have seen Girls Night Out tour across Canada with 160 events in 90 communities spanning eight provinces.
Our National Partners have grown to include Alpha, Power to Change, The Word Guild and CTS with each supporting the events in a variety of ways.
In addition, Girls Night Out has spread to New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States and has birthed Couples Night Out (www.couplesnightout.ca) in Canada.
In the spring of 2010 Girls Night Out shut down temporarily to develop the third version of the event entitled “Recipes for Success.”
Churches from each of the following denominations and fellowships have hosted events:
• Associated Gospel Churches of Canada
• Baptist Convention
• Baptist Fellowship
• Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
• Christian & Missionary Alliance Canada
• Christian Reform Church
• The Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada
• The Foursquare Church
• The Free Methodist Church in Canada
• The Lutheran Church
• Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada
• The Presbyterian Church in Canada
• The United Church of Canada
• Willow Creek Association Churches
• Worldwide Church of God Canada